Friday, December 14, 2007

halfway through!

So I have two down, two to go. I think the two exams were pretty fair. That doesn't mean I did well on them. On Civ Pro I think I knew what I was talking about and that's the class that I know the best. So I think the best I can hope for is a B+ (knowing my section). But yesterday I had Crim. CRIM. Oh Crim. After the test I was so happy, but only because I knew I never had to be in that class again or deal with my conceited Prof's ugly mug. I thought the actual law was interesting. The problem was he never taught it. I basically spent every waking hour from Thanksgiving until yesterday on crim. By the end I thought I at least had a good working knowledge of the little that we did discuss in class. Then the exam happened. I was the hardest exam I've ever taken in my life. I have no idea what I wrote. So now it's just a race to the bottom. I figure if I can do better than at least 10 people in my section I can get a B. At best. Because that exam was HORRIBLE. I'm going to try and not think about it because I've made peace with getting a 3.0 gpa, but I'm just worried I'll be one of the few Cs this semester. I guess this puts a lot of pressure on me for next semester to bring my gpa up to a 3.2/3.3, 'cause it seems like that's the gpa where you can actually get a few offers.

Oh well. I just hope the firms I work for during 1L summer even ask me back after getting my first year grades!! I sent out four letters and got three interviews...so I'm hoping for a job before January. le sigh.

BUT (and I need to say this so I can come back and read it when I get my grades back in January) I'm still VERY VERY glad I've gone to law school. I've learned so much and as long as I pass I'm getting closer to my goal of becoming a lawyer. I won't come out with accolades galore, but at least I'll finally have my J.D. and I'll be able to provide for my family. Most of all, I'm glad I matriculated at my school because although the curve is so tight (because of our small sections) the congeniality of my class really makes up for it.

Ok, now it's time for Ks. Good luck everyone!

2 comments:

law school groupie said...

It's so nice to hear someone say that they are still glad they went to law school :)

I hope I feel the same way this time next year. Good luck!

Fox said...

I feel like I spent most of my life studying for my Crim exam. Not because I'm a felon or anything, just the hours poured into it. And the exact same thing happened. Sucks to be us?