Monday, October 1, 2007

Legal Writing.

My legal writing class makes me want to stab myself in the eye. I know it's an important class to have as most law firms make you do research during the summers. But learning how to write again is so frustrating. I guess it's true that a legal memo is all rule-driven, but some of the comments my prof gave back to me on my first assignment are ridiculous. She'll ask me to do things that I feel that I've clearly already done. I guess that's presumptuous of me. She'll just say that it's a common mistake for new learners of legal writing, but sometimes I think it's just about how much she likes you. Very high school -- like everything else in law school.

My new goal is to get a firm job for next summer before 1st semester grades come out. It's the only strategy I have of getting a good name on my resume. If I wait until 2L summer to work at a firm job my chances will probably be diminished by my soon-to-be very average gpa. My only hope is being hired early and thus the law firm will only have my undergraduate school and record to peruse. a;lskdjf;aslkdjf;aslkjdf;alskjdf;alskjdf

1 comment:

MetJ said...

I always say my Legal Practice class makes me want to pull out my eyelashes just to give me something to do. The assignments are helpful in the long run I think, but the actual class time...Big waste of my life.